Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I am sure most of you know......

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    but I did not, that Jess scooter is a knock off from Our Generation items.

    m0A9bjXq6UJ5sPrMjOPwFrFLlUTS

    I found this for sale on Crag's list -

    Scooter with Helmet and Styling Chair Together $25.00.
    Made by Our Generation, fits 18" American Girl Dolls.

    I am rather disappointed in AG. They don't want our ideas, they have a team to think up new things for AG dolls. hmmmmmm Then to see they did not even change the basic color of the scooter. Tell me what is up with that?

    [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] (In shock Molly lost her glasses)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have one of those OG scooters. Jess' is a little different since it has lights and sound. (Although the OG one has all the spaces built in to have been made with lights and sound, it seems as though they designed it that way, but just didn't make them with it.) It's quite similar to Jess though in the way it's styled, and for the $2.99 I paid for it at GW, I think I'll stick with the knock-off. I'm not that fond of it anyway; it takes up a lot of space!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like the factory in China that made the scooter was lucky enough to find two different clients for their product, Target for the stripped down one and AG for the one with lights and horn. Good for them for coming up with a product they could sell to two different markets.

    Taffy

  4. #4
    MickeyFan
    Guest MickeyFan's Avatar

    Post

    Amazing. And American Girl is selling their version with just a few more bells and whistles for $65. I think the knock-off version would be great, too. Thanks for the heads up.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember seeing that but I didn't put two and two together. Thanks for the heads up!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow. How old is the OG version?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry people, but once you've seen the real AG scooter, saying the OG one will do is like saying an OG doll and her clothes will do just fine because AG dolls and clothes are just too expensive! Before I got Jess's scooter, I was prepared to not like it much; but it is truly well made and wonderful and delightful!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am just blown away that AG could not come up with a item from the book for Jess. I don't remember Jess driving a scooter around. (It has been awhile since I read her book, so I could be wrong.) We all came up with much better ideas for accessories and outfits for Jess.

    That is all I am saying.

    Also someone got a letter from AG saying tks for your imput on new items, but no thanks we have people working on it. If they have people working on new items, I just don't think they should be knocking off other toy lines.

  9. #9
    Lindsey Forever
    Guest Lindsey Forever's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by MollyGirl:

    Also someone got a letter from AG saying tks for your imput on new items, but no thanks we have people working on it. If they have people working on new items, I just don't think they should be knocking off other toy lines.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got one of those letters when I asked for a first communion outfit for Josefina. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm not sure if she even took communion,but I'd still like a fancy dress for it. ^_^

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, they kind of have to give us that answer. I even got basically the same answer when I was little and asked for an Eastern European historical doll. And after seeing the pictures, I agree that the AG bike does look a lot better than the OG one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •